Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Fabrics.......

The Shoppe is coming along nicely! I love my job! You know, I just enjoy being in the shop!

We did receive some new fabrics.

Kansas Winter is our newest line. I call it Moda's Thimbleberries. It does have that country flair but with those Moda burgundies and greens.

We also received bolts from the Clara Barton (1820-1912)line of fabric.

Gosh, are those sweet repros?!

Just in case you're wondering what's on the other side of the shop....

It's our old washing corner! That's where we do our laundry! Just kidding!

You'd be surprised how often we hear customers comment on that old wash tub!

They love it! They start reminiscing about their childhoods! Memories!

I always enjoy listening to their stories.

It's quite the attraction in the shop!

We had to move the Batiks to the other side/room. Here you have our Batiks and Kashmir IV, a soft pastel line.

I'm enjoying spilling over to the other side of the shop. Receiving new fabrics is always fun! Let's just say that we like our delivery person! ;o)

Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!

3 comments:

Sweet P said...

My grandparents had a washer like that. I remember going to their house on Tuesday mornings and wanting to help with the wash. I was fascinated with watching the clothes go through the wringer. The shop is coming along well.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Every comment will be the same...

My grandmother had a washer like that...I remember watching her use it with amazement....and hearing the warnings about the wringer!

Unknown said...

I also remember this type of washing machine, not owned by a grandmother. It is nice to have it in the shop.