Saturday, May 9, 2009

Train day...!

Hum..... I forgot to press the button on this one!

A bit of history... Rouses Point is a village that is close to the Canadian border, along the shores of Lake Champlain. It's a village with a lot of history, train history!

Today was "train" day.

On Pratt street, there's this old, old, old train stations.

Pratt Street intersect with Lake Street. From where the shoppe is, we can see the train station.

It's so nice to hear the train whistle!

Anyway...... the good news is that the Historical Society, for which I am a member, has received a grant to restore this old, old, old station. Did I mention it was old? lol

They had an exhibit in the old train station. It was nice to see a female uniform! ;o)

As you can see, even the inside is in need of some tender loving care!

The Rouses Point station is one of the few historical stations still active today!

It will be turned into a train museum.

Chooooo... Choooooo!

I love trains.

We did ask our fabric rep to look for train fabrics! In a train town, you've got to have train fabric!

Choooo.... Choooo....!

2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

We used to vacation in a cottage on Chazy Lake which if memory serves me right is part of Lake Champlain. I have very fond memories of it there.

Libby said...

I love trains, too. My maternal grandfather was a railroad man. Even though he passed before I was born . . . . I think it's just in my blood. I love the sound of that whistle off in the distance *s*