Friday, May 22, 2009

How time flies.......!

When you're having fun....! It's been way too long since I blogged. I somehow always seem to put off till tomorrow what can be done today! Sounds familiar? ;o)

The shoppe is moving along nicely. People are finding us, that's a great thing! Since our opening day, we have been receiving some new fabrics.

Firstly, our batiks!

These beauties came in a few weeks ago! We ordered 30 bolts of what I call the designer ones, you know, the ones with the wax designs, and 25 bolts of the essentials.

Essentials are the hand dyed ones, what I call the blenders! ;o) Gosh, I'm going to have to learn the terminology! LOL

That was a sweet shipment to receive. We are still waiting for 17 bolts of the designers batiks from Hoffman and 25 bolts from Island Batiks, which should arrive in July.

I just love the smell of batiks. They have that strong smell. I used to think it was incense, but someone told me I was smelling the wax they used to create the designs! None-the-less, I like it! ;o)

We also received a new shipment of reproductions from Windham Fabrics/Baum Textile Mills!

Worn & Loved and Valley Forge 1869-1880.

I have made a quilt using both lines of fabrics that I will show you once I've completed the machine quilting on it.

You know, one thing I find difficult with this shop owner business venture, is figuring out what to order when it comes to patterns, books and notions. I mean, what do your customers need/want? The other thing is that you do not want to tie up money in inventory that will sit still! So in the past couple of weeks, I've placed many orders for items that I feel are the 'staples" of quilting, as well as patterns and books that are in line with the shoppe's style. Time and experience will make it much easier for me. So much learning..... and I love it!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Libby said...

I can just imagine that it must be hard to decide what to purchase from what you just LOVE and what you think everyone else will LOVE. Looks like you are making great decisions *s*

Unknown said...

I would find it very hard to choose fabrics to sell.