Thursday, April 30, 2009

The shoppe.....!

Tomorrow, May 1, is our opening day! It will be a soft opening as we are still waiting for lots of new lines of fabric to come in. In the mean time, I thought I would take you on a small tour of the shop.

As you come in the front door, you will be greeted by hopefully Jennifer or myself behind these gorgeous counters that my husband, Stephen, custom made for us. As a matter of fact, all of the fixtures were built by him.

If you were to glance to your right, you would see another unit full of fabrics.

These are mainly repros from the civil war era to early/mid 19th century . I love how the fixture looks against that brick wall.

The building, I am told by Jacquelyn our landlord, is quite old, well over a century. As a matter of fact, this very place used to be a car wash many many many years ago, as well as a gas station. The history is amazing!

Here is the view of the shoppe as a whole.

The left side of the shop is the classroom. It's a cosy classroom. ;o)

All of our fixtures are made of oak, as a matter of fact, very old oak with a history of its own. I'll have to tell you the story.... another blog entry. ;o)

Thanks for taking the tour!

10 comments:

Sheila said...

The store looks fantastic; you all must be super excited & I'll bet you didn't sleep last night! Awesome woodworking! Be sure to show us how the outside changed, too.

Congratulations, Carole & Jennifer! I wish you much success on this new journey.

Unknown said...

The shop is BEAUTIFUL, I love the brick wall, the house with the needles all the oak furniture and...

Julia said...

I am so excited for you! I wish the best and hope that you will be a huge success! I also wish that I could be there. *sigh*

The furniture/fixtures are all beautiful! Stephen is a master wood worker!

Denise in PA said...

Carole, BEST of luck to you! This is so exciting, I sure wish I could be at your opening. The shoppe looks beautiful and your husband did an incredible job. Wow! I'm excited to tag along on this great adventure through your blog!

Pam said...

It looks lovely Carole with the Oak fixtures. Stephen has done a beautiful job!! Can he come help with my kitchen reno? LOL

Good luck today. I hope and wish you a fabulous opening day!!

Teresa said...

This is certainly exciting news!!! You husband is a marvelous carpenter and craftsman. Oh how I wished I lived closer so I could come and visit your shop. Its going to be a wonderful shop, I can tell already.

Needled Mom said...

It looks so inviting and beautiful. The woodwork is fabulous! Good luck with it.

Wendy said...

The shop is gorgeous, I wish I could be there on opening day. You must be so thrilled to start your new endeavor, I'm so excited for you. I look forward to watching your shop grow. Congrats to you and Jennifer.

Candace said...

Carole, I hope you had a wonderful opening today! I can just imagine how your shop is going to look over time once all your product arrives, quilts go on display and you and your partner have put your personal touches in place. I'm SO excited for you both! Best wishes for a most deserved success!
Cheers!

Libby said...

Hope the opening was wonderful and highly successful - can't wait to hear the story of the oak *s*