Friday, April 3, 2009

Moving along....nicely!

Shoppe stuff has been moving along nicely. There's just so much to think about besides fabrics when you're opening a quilt shoppe!

My sweetie has been busy building the furnishing that will grace our quilt shoppe. I am so grateful for his many talents!

Voici our counters!

Aren't they sweet?

The front section is the cash area and behind that, extending a bit forward is the cutting area.

Stephen has to remove the saw dust and apply the finishing. I just love them au naturel! I can just imagine what it will be like once the finish is applied. Of course, a picture never seems to do justice!

Jacquelyn, our landlord, has been busy fixing up the retail space. We now have a news ceiling! The doors will be replaced on Monday! As for the painting of the exterior trim, that will have to wait until the weather warms up!

I'm just so excited! Next week, Jennifer and I will be painting the walls.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand that you are exciting. The counter is beautiful.

Julia said...

These counters are beautiful!! Stephen does such beautiful work!
Can't wait to see some more pictures of the progress. What color are you painting the walls?

Wendy said...

The counter is gorgeous, I can see it in your shop already. He did a wonderful job of the details with the cutting area lower. Stephan has amazing talent. I'm so excited, have you picked a paint colour yet? I look forward to seeing more progress.